First follower of Bitcoin - Hal Finney - dies of ALS
- Co-developed the open source PGP encryption in 1991, when it was illegal to export military-grade encryption software from United States to other countries.
- Implemented the first reusable proof-of-work system, to be used as digital token money in 2004.
- Became the first follower and supporter of Bitcoin in 2009 after Satoshi released the Bitcoin software.
- Received 10 BTCs from Satoshi, which was the first Bitcoin transaction.
- Diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in 2009.
- Dies at 58, on August 28, 2014. His body was freezed with the hope of revival when the technology makes it possible in the future.
- Hal Finney, Cryptographer and Bitcoin Pioneer, Dies at 58. [http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/business/hal-finney-cryptographer-and-bitcoin-pioneer-dies-at-58.html]
Read other posts
comments powered by Disqus