What is PuTTY? PuTTY is a client program for the SSH, Telnet and Rlogin network protocols. Typically, you use it to remotely access a Linux server from your Windows machine. You can also use it to open serial ports (aka COM ports) and TCP/IP raw sockets.
A problem that often troubles the user is how do you copy and paste from the PuTTY terminal. So here are the tips.
- Forget about Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Copy and paste operations in PuTTY are performed using the mouse.
- Drag and selecting any text, and the selection wil be copied automatically.
- Double-click to copy a word under the cursor.
- Triple-click to copy a line under the cursor.
- Hold down the Alt key while dragging to select and copy the text in a rectangular fashion.
- Right-click or Shift+Ins to Paste.
comments powered by Disqus