It's very simple to shutdown windows from the command prompt.
- To shutdown windows immediately, type:
shutdown /s /t 0
- If you omit the /t option and type as below, windows will display a countdown of 30 seconds (default) before shutting down.
- You may also specify a different countdown value, for example: 60 seconds.
shutdown /s /t 60
- For Windows 8 or later, you may choose to perform hybrid shutdown for faster startup on next boot.
shutdown /s /hybrid /t 0
- To restart the computer, use the /r option instead.
shutdown /r /t 0
- For a complete list of shutdown options, type: